Are you struggling to jerk your mind out of the daily grind and into creative mode for some seriously awesome writing? Then below are five writing prompts I developed for fiction writers to help get your imagination juices flowing:
Fiction Writing Prompts
- You wake up in a room you don’t recognize and cannot recall how you got there. You find a heavy soccer trophy laying nearby–although you don’t play soccer–and a spot of blood on your shirt.
- You walk out of your house in the morning and discover the streets no longer have the names you remember. As you drive to work, you don’t recognize any of the landmarks.
- If you could go back in time to revisit someone you loved who died, who would it be and what would you give up to see them again? What if you could never return to your loved ones who are living?
- Walk outside and randomly find an object: a pebble, a plant, a lawn chair. But pick something quickly, then consider the origin of that item, its journey to your backyard, and how it might end. Write that story from the item’s perspective.
- What if your phone started verbalizing all your thoughts the moment they happen, regardless of who’s around?
Stay tuned for more writing prompts in the future! Sign up for my writing blog for writers.