So … did you know Amazon offers a way to publish your blog to the Kindle? If you didn’t, I’m telling you right now. I just published mine!
I mean, GUYS, this is seriously cool. This means that anyone with one of these nifty little e-readers can absorb the life-altering words of your blog directly from their Kindles. They can read it like an e-book!
If your interest is piqued, here is a list of pros and cons I discovered regarding taking the plunge:
- It expands your reach and offers another way for people to find and read you.
- You get paid if people subscribe! The more people who subscribe through Kindle, the bigger your paycheck.
- You can reach your target audience more accurately. Writers want to target readers, and Kindle owners LOVE to read.
- It’s easy. Once you publish your blog to Kindle, Amazon does the rest. Just continue operating your blog, as if nothing changed.
- It’s freakin’ cool to say your blog is available through Kindle. Maybe you’re not a published author (yet), but you can officially claim to be a “published blogger” … if it works like that.
- People have to pay a monthly subscription to access your blog through their Kindle, even though they can get it online FOR FREE.
- Amazon sets the monthly subscription price; you have no control. The prices range from $0.99-2.99/month.
- You make only 30 percent in royalties for your monthly subscriptions.
- Not even the most popular blogs have many subscribers. I discovered this upon skimming through the Kindle blogs. So this may or may not be catching on yet.
Is It Worth It?
I chose to take the plunge because it cost me nothing. Zip. Zero. And while this venture may not exactly pay my mortgage, I’m not doing it for the money. I’m doing it for the exposure.
Interested? Here’s How to Make It Happen
- Visit the Kindle Publishing for Blogs website.
- Create an account.
- Upload your blog. Make sure you have a screenshot of your blog, as well as its masthead.
- Save and preview your blog.
Be aware that Amazon will ask for your bank account information. This will be used to electronically pay you each month for your blog’s subscriptions.
And when you’re done, head over and see mine. It costs $0.99/month. I must admit, I’m very proud!
WILL YOU GIVE THIS A TRY? I want to hear your thoughts! Would you pay $0.99/month to read a blog on your Kindle? Will you consider publishing your blog to the Kindle? Do you think this additional platform is a good idea? Why or why not?