Gallery

My FIRST Published (Creative) Story! ‘A Call from Paris’

19 Jul

eFiction cover

[ Read "A Call from Paris" now!]

As of June this year, I am no longer some used, discarded toilet paper in the creative writing world. That’s right …

I’M PUBLISHED!

I know I’ve been published as a journalist before, but never as a creative writer. As an author. I kinda feel like Moses right now, after he descended from Mount Sinai, beaming with holy rays of light from his ears.

Of course, minus the white beard (or am I merely thinking of Charlton Heston?).

Anyway, I digress …

I was published in the June 2013 edition of an e-publication called, “eFiction.”

And my story is proudly entitled, “A Call from Paris.”

And yes! I made it possible for you to read! I printed just my story, then scanned it into a document.

Read ‘A Call from Paris’ Here!!

But be forewarned, my snarky, snide attitude does not carry over into this story. My creative works tend to be a little more serious.

I also urge you to consider purchasing the FULL June 2013 eFiction edition, which can be read on your Kindle or Nook. You can buy it here. It’s only $3.99, and you’ll read works from the other amazing authors who were also published with me. Plus, if you buy, we get royalties. :) And who doesn’t want to support their fellow writers?

So please read my story, if you’re so inclined to make me feel welcomed into the world of publishing, share it with your friends, and then comment below and tell me your thoughts! You’re my first readers, so your thoughts mean a lot to me.

About these ads

12 Responses to “My FIRST Published (Creative) Story! ‘A Call from Paris’”

1. Melissa Crytzer Fry July 24, 2013 at 2:47 pm #

Congratulations, Shari. This is FABULOUS news. A celebration is in order, is it not?

• Shari Lopatin July 25, 2013 at 10:16 am #

Thank you SO MUCH, Melissa!! That really means a lot to me. :) And yes, I agree! Celebration is most definitely in order. Where’s the wine?

2. Joann Pensabene July 21, 2013 at 10:36 am #

Powerful story, Shari. Congrats on its publication. Looking forward to reading your next one.

• Shari Lopatin July 21, 2013 at 7:22 pm #

Thank you so much Joann, for both your kind words AND taking the time to read my work!

3. myschief July 20, 2013 at 7:31 am #

Great story Shari! You are definitely a talented writer and deserve to be published. May God bless your creative endeavors.

• Shari Lopatin July 20, 2013 at 11:24 am #

Thank you so much!! For both your kind words, AND taking the time to read my work! I really appreciate it. :)

4. Jill July 19, 2013 at 5:54 pm #

Excellent Shari. Very proud of you!

5. Leah July 19, 2013 at 5:17 pm #

This is so cool! Congratulation!,

6. Your Coach July 19, 2013 at 1:39 pm #

Used discarded toilet paper baby? LoL congratulations baby so happy for you.
    Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Straight Talk

• Shari Lopatin July 20, 2013 at 11:25 am #

Yes, LOL! Used, discarded toilet paper. Thank you, sweetie! :)

C'mon, you MUST be thinking something.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

museconfuse

Life, Travel, Fashion, Food

R.L. Stollar //// Overturning Tables

"There Will Be At Least One Riot — In My Soul."

Left of Plumb

Ramblings of the BIGGEST exaggerator in the UNIVERSE

The Daily Informant

Bringing you the latest news, before it happens!

Itsy Bitsy Bum Bum

A feisty girl's journey to becoming healthy...

HighTalk

Everything Digital Content

Note To Self

Memos of an Angry Person

Tools and Tactics for Writers

Rogue Writer ... At Least I'm Not Normal

What I Saw

Rogue Writer ... At Least I'm Not Normal

Stellar Day.

a bonanza of super fabulous inspiration that I hope will make your day awesome.

Rogue Writer ... At Least I'm Not Normal

HOA Constitutional Government

VERITAS PRO JUSTICIA

Shari Lopatin

Rogue Writer ... At Least I'm Not Normal

The Artist's Road

Creativity, Writing, and an Art-Committed Life

Pearl's twirl

Where My American Dream meets my Russian Personality

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 874 other followers