Gallery

14 Ways to Use Duct Tape that You Never Knew Existed

7 Jan

So did you hear about the man who got duct-taped to his seat on an airplane?

No, this is NOT the start of a stupid joke. It really happened … in Iceland. Seriously:

Which got me thinking about the numerous ways we can use duct tape. Like, for instance, back in high school, the battery to my portable brick—a.k.a. cell phone—fell off. Rather than buying a new one, I just duct-taped it back together and walked around like that ’till college.

Because I’m just that cool.

So here are 14 uses for duct tape that I bet you NEVER even knew existed:

1. Wallpaper
  2. Household bug trap
  3. Cheap Frisbee
  4. Do-it-yourself bikini wax
  5. Band Aid
  6. Nail polish remover
  7. Car parts adhesive
  8. Fat reducing body shaper
  9. Handmade tug-of-war rope
  10. Lipstick substitute (seriously, try it!)
  11. A ball to amuse your cats
  12. Nose-pore cleaner
  13. Tin Man Halloween costume
  14. And finally … silencer for that “God, shoot me now!” annoying-as-hell coworker

So tell me, what are some ways YOU use the ever-beloved duct tape?

About these ads

11 Responses to “14 Ways to Use Duct Tape that You Never Knew Existed”

1. Jeri January 8, 2013 at 9:45 pm #

My daughters made wallets and flower pencil toppers and sold them. My Dad fixed his riding lawn mower when the steering column broke. He took a broom handle, jammed it in the bottom and duct taped the steering wheel to the other end.

• Shari Lopatin January 10, 2013 at 6:38 pm #

I love the lawn mower one. LOL! Sounds like something my dad would have done, too. :-)

2. TheGirl January 8, 2013 at 2:34 pm #

I’ve tried 4, 9, and 12. I think tht airline may end up getting sued because that does not look humane. I could understand having handcuffs on board for unruly passengers, but taping and gagging someone looks like an amatuer S&M scene.

• Shari Lopatin January 8, 2013 at 3:17 pm #

I’ve done 5, 6, and 7. :-) I agree about the airline. Will be interesting to see what comes of this whole fiasco.

Thanks for reading and commenting! Always love to meet new people.

3. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin January 7, 2013 at 2:34 pm #

Granddaughter and friends made many a hair bow with all the colors they could find…You have to Love the Stuff!…

• Shari Lopatin January 7, 2013 at 9:55 pm #

GOTTA love it! It also saved my car’s front lights in high school, after a small fender bender. Drove around with a duct-taped car for MONTHS.

• babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin January 8, 2013 at 7:15 am #

too funny…but, so true…Maybe that’s why it was invented…to rescue us that don’t have time or money for repairs…

4. transplantednorth January 7, 2013 at 12:45 pm #

My daughter brings at least three rolls of duct tape to summer camp. She and her cabin mates use them to make bracelets and even full-on costumes. Also useful during color wars.
    I just went to a cardio hooping class and the hooping instructor said if you have some old drip irrigation tubing and coat it with duct tape, you can make your own cardio hoop. If I make one, I’ll surely blog about it and link it to your post.

• Shari Lopatin January 7, 2013 at 9:54 pm #

Awesome, please do link back so I’ll know you posted and can hop over and read! :-) Sounds like SUCH a fun blog post idea.

I contemplated adding “bracelets” to my list, but couldn’t think of the right way to phrase it; so funny your daughter actually did that at camp!

5. howmyspiritsings January 7, 2013 at 11:53 am #

How about taping duct work together? Or making hair bows?

• Shari Lopatin January 7, 2013 at 11:55 am #

Oooo, I LOVE the hair bows idea! Creative, tactical … brilliant. :-)

C'mon, you MUST be thinking something.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

museconfuse

Life, Travel, Fashion, Food

R.L. Stollar //// Overturning Tables

"There Will Be At Least One Riot — In My Soul."

Left of Plumb

Ramblings of the BIGGEST exaggerator in the UNIVERSE

The Daily Informant

Bringing you the latest news, before it happens!

Itsy Bitsy Bum Bum

A feisty girl's journey to becoming healthy...

HighTalk

Everything Digital Content

Note To Self

Memos of an Angry Person

Tools and Tactics for Writers

Rogue Writer ... At Least I'm Not Normal

What I Saw

Rogue Writer ... At Least I'm Not Normal

Stellar Day.

a bonanza of super fabulous inspiration that I hope will make your day awesome.

Rogue Writer ... At Least I'm Not Normal

HOA Constitutional Government

VERITAS PRO JUSTICIA

Shari Lopatin

Rogue Writer ... At Least I'm Not Normal

The Artist's Road

Creativity, Writing, and an Art-Committed Life

Pearl's twirl

Where My American Dream meets my Russian Personality

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 872 other followers